The mission of the Greater Reedley Chamber of Commerce is to create a healthy business climate which allows for the whole community to thrive. Like most stewards of the community, we are working to leave a better place for the next generation; but we believe the best way to ensure success is to get the next generation involved NOW.
The Greater Reedley Chamber of Commerce Junior Board is designed to be that outlet. This group will be composed of high school students and junior college students (ages 15 to 20) who share an interest in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
Mission of the Junior Board
The mission of the Junior Board is to learn how to become leaders in sustaining the business environment and affect change in their schools, neighborhoods, and community.
What do Junior Board Members do?
• Learn about the community of Reedley and the businesses and organizations within
• Learn how to conduct meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making
• Develop project ideas, project management and implementation
Benefits of being a Junior Board Member:
• Gain a high quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience
• Learn to collaborate with local businesses, city government, and other community agencies and organizations
• Learn how to lead and follow for community betterment
• Serve as Ambassadors for the Reedley Chamber and the City of Reedley
Who can apply?
• Young people between the ages of 15-20 who live or attend school in the Reedley area
• Anyone interested in helping their community
• Want to learn about leadership development, action planning and group decision-making
• Like working in groups, expressing opinions, and having fun
• Complete the application packet which includes: Application Form, Commitment Statement, and Participation Agreement or Parent Permission Form (for those under the age of 18) by January 26, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
• Please submit signed copies by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the Greater Reedley Chamber of Commerce Office, 1633 11th Street. Notice: Due to Covid-19, office hours vary. We ask that you contact us ahead of time if you plan to deliver your application. You may also slide the application through the front door if no one is available.
• You will be notified as soon as possible within submission of your application.
Copyright © 2021 Greater Reedley Chamber of Commerce - All Rights Reserved.